POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need of a macro or a trick : Need of a macro or a trick Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Need of a macro or a trick
From: bancquart sebastien
Date: 24 Jul 2005 16:36:18
Message: <42e3fbc2$1@news.povray.org>
Hi ! I need the help of good POVers. Here is my problem.
I've a big .ini file (generated by ARBARO), most of this file looking like
this

#declare leaves=union {
    object {leave} matrix <....>
    object {leave} matrix <....>
    object {leave} matrix <....>
...   ... about 24000 lines like that
}

I'd like to paint the leaves with several textures. So I need to split this
big union into, say, 3 unions of about 8000 lines.
BUT ! the lines are ordered, so I wanted to take about 8000 random line in
this list, or one line every three, cut them in the editor and paste them
elsewhere. Looks very tricky for me.

Do you know if it is feasible with macros in the GUI, or with an external
editor ? I really don't want to move all lines one by one at hand...

Thanks a lot, il will greatly help me !