POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : First 100% command-line-only animation project, scene file to anim (MPEG4) : Re: First 100% command-line-only animation project, scene file to anim (MPEG4) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First 100% command-line-only animation project, scene file to anim (MPEG4)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 23 Jul 2005 23:09:12
Message: <42e30658@news.povray.org>
It's funny.  I've often found that even the best MPG encoders (TMPGENc)
would often choke on an extremely short and boring (little action, lotsa
black) animations-- something must have just gone wrong with the processing
in the MPG encoding algorithm. I would (IIRC) get no anim at all-- no .MPG
file.

No here,  with an extremely boring anim (little action, lotsa black)  ffmpeg
did not choke, it in fact created an anim that Kaffeine in linux could see
but Windoze *could not*.  WTH?

I add some complexity and white background to the scene , a voila! I get
this anim with the exact same keystrokes.  it plays on linux's kaffeine and
on WMP on my winxp box.  WTH?

"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in message
>I couldn't see the animation. MPG-1 ensures universal viewability and is
>the
> standard courtesy for this forum (or so I've heard).
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> rune|vision:  http://runevision.com
> POV-Ray Ring: http://webring.povray.co.uk

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: