POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering : Re: Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering Server Time
14 May 2024 20:40:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 21 Jul 2005 14:21:09
Message: <42dfe795$1@news.povray.org>
Antonio Ferrari wrote:

> Maybe there are simpler methods. Can anyone find a macro or a method to
> simulate sss for a generic object using povray media? This is not the
> correct place to ask this question, but the answer could definitevely close
> the question if a patch can be discussed or not, I think...

Not aware of media, but my fake subsurface scattering shader in POVMan
could work for some cases, if you want something like this:
 >http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3ec7d192@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=189070&toff=1000

Shader itself along with POVMan could be found from my homepage
http://www.aetec.ee/fv/vkhomep.nsf/pages/POVMAN2/
(it's old version, based in previous version of MegaPOV).