POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting good glows over high-intensity areas : Re: Getting good glows over high-intensity areas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting good glows over high-intensity areas
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Jul 2005 12:32:17
Message: <42dd2b11$1@news.povray.org>
"ZainAnak" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.42dd095f9c9b6ebd3b6b98ba0@news.povray.org...
> Yup, that's about what I'm looking for.  Thing is, no one in that thread
> posted any links to Pov source to achieve it.  Since I'm a total neophyte
> to Pov, such source would be very helpful.  Do you know where I can get
> it?

No, I don't. He had said he might be making a "cleaned up" example available
but I searched and didn't find that particular thing. Haven't seen Samuel
around here for a while but he seems to pop in every now and then.

Sorry about the web view link because I thought it was going to show a
scrollable web page of all the replies there. Just tried it going from my
reply to you and only got the initial message by Samuel. Sounds like you did
read each one, although to see all you must go on to the next page (I saw
three pages in all) so maybe you missed that... or it just didn't make much
sense to you. Toward the end he tells about it, but yeah, I can understand
not being able to figure out what was meant exactly.

While I was going over it there again I noticed Tim Nikias' has a glare
macro, among other great things, which is at:

http://www.nolights.de/download.html

Maybe that would help some, but in trying to duplicate what Samuel had done
I'm not very successful yet. If I get something to work right in the
meantime I'll post it later (if I can). Or with any luck somebody else
already has the solution at hand and could share it. There's always e-mail
to Samuel Benge, too, if he can be reached.

Bob