POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting good glows over high-intensity areas : Re: Getting good glows over high-intensity areas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting good glows over high-intensity areas
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Jul 2005 02:19:37
Message: <42dc9b79$1@news.povray.org>
"ZainAnak" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.42dc3438ea2831f43b6b98ba0@news.povray.org...

> I'm noticing, though, that there is a subtle element of glow I'm missing

Your question reminds me of what Samuel Benge had done a while back so I
searched for his post at the web view of binaries.images and found it.

news:40D### [at] hotmailcom

Or at the web view for the whole thread:

http://news.povray.org/40DB67BE.1080608%40hotmail.com

Summed up, his idea was to use the rendering applied over itself but with
darker parts transparent so only bright parts could be diffused into the
picture. Not a one-step process, but did what I think you're asking about.
Unless you only wanted to get better illumination like that seen in the top
of that left archway of your linked-to image.

Other than that, maybe MegaPOV or another custom POV could do this sort of
thing. I haven't used anything else but the official versions lately.
Perhaps someone else might come along with suggestions anyway.

Bob Hughes