POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where to start? : Re: Where to start? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where to start?
From: Ross
Date: 14 Jul 2005 11:05:38
Message: <42d67f42$1@news.povray.org>
"Augur" <notgivingitoutyet> wrote in message

> "David Nash" <dbn### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > Ross wrote:
> >> "Augur" <notgivingitoutyet> wrote in message
> >
> >> http://www.wikipov.org/ is a collection of stuff from mostly people
that
> >> hang around here i think. But I'd first recommend the tutorials in the
> >> documentation.
> >
> > I want to second this.  I picked up POV-Ray several years ago and just
> > jumped in.  I looked around the net for tutorials and just didn't get
very
> > far.
> >
> > This year I actually worked through the documentation page by page,
> > rendering the examples and making changes to see what it did.  It is
much
> > easier for me to complete a good image now.
>
> Yeah, I've been going through that documentation in my free time at work
(3
> yrs of Computer Engineering so far, and all I'm given by my co-op employer
> is 3-4 hours of AutoCAD work each day, if that).  Seriously, if anyone is
> looking for a good Computer Engineer in a year or so, I'm actually looking
> for a job where I do meaningful work all 8 hours of the day!

Ha! Good luck with that :) Seriously. That would be great to find a job that
has 8 full hours of meaningfull work. My day is considerably less full of
meaningfull work, my bosses even less than me. He's a developer that got
sucked up into management, and now has no time to do anything during the
day. The day might as well be one solid meeting.

Start a company. http://www.paulgraham.com/hiring.html