POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop : Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop Server Time
12 Jun 2024 15:46:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 1.2 crash to desktop
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 13 Jul 2005 20:53:16
Message: <42d5b77c$1@news.povray.org>

db2c9p$2q0$1@chho.imagico.de...
> I understand intermittent crashes are annoying but you would need to trace
> this down to a precise combination of minimal scenes reproducibly causing
> the problem - otherwise there  is no way for us to know if this is a
> general problem or something that only occurs for you.

The scene is not minimal since it requires Jaime's Lightsys macro but at
least it crashes almost reproducibly when I render it at 80x60 with +KFF100
(without file output of any kind). The position of the crash varies between
renders. I can't test this particular scene on another computer right now,
but the crashes I mentioned before happened on two different machines.

#version unofficial megapov 1.2;
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "math.inc"
#include "CIE.inc"

CIE_ColorSystemWhitepoint(sRGB_ColSys,Illuminant_D65)
#include "lightsys.inc"
#include "rspd_jvp.inc"
#declare r_sun=seed(345);
#declare Max_Vertices=10;