POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where to start? : Re: Where to start? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where to start?
From: David Nash
Date: 13 Jul 2005 11:24:49
Message: <42d53241$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
> "Augur" <notgivingitoutyet> wrote in message
>>Any help you can offer is much appreciated!!

> http://www.wikipov.org/ is a collection of stuff from mostly people that
> hang around here i think. But I'd first recommend the tutorials in the
> documentation.

I want to second this.  I picked up POV-Ray several years ago and just
jumped in.  I looked around the net for tutorials and just didn't get
very far.

This year I actually worked through the documentation page by page,
rendering the examples and making changes to see what it did.  It is
much easier for me to complete a good image now.