POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OpenGL porting or support? : Re: OpenGL porting or support? Server Time
29 Jun 2024 11:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL porting or support?
From: David Wallace
Date: 11 Jul 2005 07:56:18
Message: <42d25e62$1@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 05:08:15 EDT, "Draggy" <dra### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
>>is there any way to port POV to opengl?
>

> If that's helpful: http://www.daylongraphics.com/other/povray/patches/
>
> ABX

If I were to create a mesh (or mesh2) object within SDL, can this patch render
it using hardware acceleration and save the CPU for other parts of the scene?
Or will it have to wait for 3.7's multithreading and pass the threads for mesh
handling to the GPU?

David Wallace
TenArbor Consulting
"Just In Time Cash"