POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Location, Location, Location : Re: Location, Location, Location Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Location, Location, Location
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Jul 2005 00:28:01
Message: <42c76951@news.povray.org>
waynehays1 wrote:
> None of that info says what the three values are.  Is it x,y,z ???  I don't
> believe it is, if I'm wrong, then I must not understand the units involved.
>  I don't know why this seems so difficult, but it is.
>
> Wayne

I guess we'll need to see your code and an explanation of what behavior
seems odd to you in order to help.

If you use an example light source from the insert menu you may notice
that a technique commonly used is to position the light at the origin
then add a transform to give its real position.  If you copied a light
from the insert menu then edited the location maybe you didn't notice
the further "translate" in the code?