POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : taking off a bathingsuit : Re: taking off a bathingsuit Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: taking off a bathingsuit
From: Alain
Date: 29 Jun 2005 21:03:32
Message: <42c344e4$1@news.povray.org>
Barehunter nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-06-29 20:30:
> Hello all. I am working on a modell of a character that can be either naked
> or wear a bathingsuit. The coding for the suit is in three separate
> sections ( Torso, LeftLeg, and RightLeg) do to the limbs being movable.
>
> Now to remove the bathingsuit I have been remarking out the sections ( I.E.
> /*   */ ) but this is becoming rather tedius. Is there a way to code a
> switch that can have those sections bypassed, say, depending on the value
> of a variable I #declare at the top of the INC file?
> (like #declare removebathingsuit = 1;)

You are on the right track. You can have #declare putbathingsuit = 1; in the main
scene where it's
usualy more accessible. Put the swimsuit in an #if(putbathingsuit )...#end block. One
such block per
places where the swuimsuit get used.

Alain