POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Limit Reflection : Re: Limit Reflection Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limit Reflection
From: Slime
Date: 25 Jun 2005 19:33:34
Message: <42bde9ce$1@news.povray.org>
> > Now, when I look at skyscrapers in my RL city, this doesn't happen ..
> > everything just appears darkish unless the sky is actually reflecting on
> > it.

> Have a lower value for your reflection like reflection 0.5, never use
reflection 1.

This tip combined with making the sky significantly brighter than the
buildings will probably get the proper effect. I would try a lower
reflection value like 0.3 or so to get the building reflections as dark as
you think they should be, and then play with the sky brightness to make it
look right. It might be tricky to do this while avoiding a blindingly white
sky; the buildings themselves could be darkened to help avoid that.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]