POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bloom : Re: Bloom Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bloom
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Jun 2005 01:40:48
Message: <42b7a860$1@news.povray.org>
> I thank you for pointing out one source for bloom, but I was wondering if
> there was some other already written macro... That one seems to randomly
> crash povray.  My scenes never broke povray before.  When I use it and set
> it up like the demos and everything it'll still crash (Demo scenes don't
> seem to crash, or if they do it is less often than my scenes).

Then what are you doing? I hope you've understood that the Glare-Macros
require two passes:
One to capture the "sharp bloom" and a second to blur and overlay the bloom
onto the final image. If it doesn't work properly, please send me an example
file, so that I can have a look at it. If the problem is on my end, I'd
rather fix it than have a broken Include-File on my website.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"