POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height_field tutorial : Re: height_field tutorial Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height_field tutorial
From: Alain
Date: 16 Jun 2005 20:04:11
Message: <42b2137b$1@news.povray.org>
woodcarver nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-06-16 16:34:
> hi:
> I am following the height_field tutorial "to the letter", the first part
> renders great, the second part however I get a parse error: "cannot open
> ..tga file". I've tried everything that I can think of, still get the same
> error.
> I have the latest version of POV-RAY.
> It appears that the renderer is looking for a file to open, but there is no
> path for it to follow.
> Is there a way to fix this? or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks  woodcarver

Check that the requested file does exists, where it's suposed to be. It must match the
name and
extention, and be on the correct path.
If you find a file with the correct name, but of a different extention, you can alter
the scene to
make the requested name match the one that you actualy have.

Alain