POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spline : Re: Spline Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:28 EDT (-0400)
From: Oleguer Vilella
Date: 15 Jun 2005 15:06:03

   }

isosurface {
  function { y - S(x).x - S(z).z  }
  max_gradient 2
  pigment { color Green }
   translate <170, 5, -90>}
======================================
To make it larger I have to increse the number of point, isn't it?
And, if I want to reduce the height?

I want to create a surface like this:
======================================
#declare  Q = function {y - 9*cos(x/3/8) - 3*sin(z/3/8)}

isosurface {
 function { abs(Q(x,y,z)) - 1  }
  max_gradient 2
  contained_by{box{ <-36, -20, 147> <280, 20,150> }}
  pigment { color Green}
  finish { ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.8 phong 1 }
  translate <10, -40, -116>
But it's only a simple sine and cosine function. I want a function to make
the surface go up and go down. I think a spline would be a good idea.

What do you think Mike?

Regards,
Oleguer

news:FRm### [at] econymdemoncouk...