POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slicing a spherical imagemap : Slicing a spherical imagemap Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Slicing a spherical imagemap
From: Brooks Boyd
Date: 6 Jun 2005 14:09:34
Message: <42a4915e$1@news.povray.org>
I have an image of a sphere I'm trying to render, but the outer surface
of the sphere is an image map (tiff), and the scene calls to cut the
sphere to show a cutaway. Now, I'd like the cut edge to show the same
color as the surface of the sphere along the same radius as the point
(just like rendering a sphere of a smaller diameter with the same
texture map). But when I difference{} the sphere with a box, the cut
edge is opaque black (which looks really odd, since the sphere has a
slight transmit/filter texture). Is there a way to get the image map to
be not just a 'skin' on the surface of the sphere when cut, but to
penetrate down into it?