POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking of moving to something comercial : Re: Thinking of moving to something comercial Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:08:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thinking of moving to something comercial
From: Harold Baize
Date: 31 May 2005 19:54:21
Message: <429cf92d$1@news.povray.org>
You might want to look into Blender also. It is free and open source. I also
find Wings3D to be a good subdivision surface modeler for use with POV or
Blender.

Blender has most of the features of Maya and 3DSMax but is not easy to learn
(IMHO). Blender has an unusual user interface so it takes a while to adjust.

Most high end 3D applications have procedural textures, I know Maya and
Blender have it.

Harold