POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking of moving to something comercial : Re: Thinking of moving to something comercial Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thinking of moving to something comercial
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 31 May 2005 10:55:28
Message: <429c7ae0$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message
> I second that opinion from Tim Nikias about Silo in combination with
> POV-Ray. Silo is a great program.

I think someone said it doesn't do animations though - that would be a
killer for me.

> There is AFAIK an old include file by Chris Colefax that *explodes*
> POV-Ray
> objects. Would that help?

Not really - the idea here is that the tank is tearing through a hanger
door, so I need metalic deformations.  I had the thought of messing with
Mechsim, but at some point I just think it would be easier to buy something
instead of building it :)

I got about halfway there by using Poser's cloth room simulation - it's
faster than mechsim and easier to visualize what's happening.  I made the
doors flat pieces of 'cloth'.  It doesn't quite look right though.

I did get some source code for a couple of fracturable object simulations
which aren't bad, but it would take some effort to convert to POVRay.

        == John ==