POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright question : Re: Copyright question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright question
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 May 2005 13:49:03
Message: <429b520f$1@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker wrote:

> Full author information and copyright notices would of course be
> included in the list,

This is not the question - you are either allowed to do so or not (and i
think you are not).

Copyright law allows you to cite from others' copyrighted material but i
doubt any interpretation of this says you are allowed to cite images.

> As an alternative, I could leave out the thumbnails, and post only the
> links, but that somehow destroys the idea of the whole thing.

This would be undoubtly OK from the legal standpoint.

A solution would be a feature add-on for the newsserver web interface
with the possibility to pass a list of posting references and it returns
a page with those like

http://news.povray.org/digest/images/

;-)

--