POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright question : Copyright question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Copyright question
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 30 May 2005 13:04:02
Message: <429b4782$1@news.povray.org>
I'm thinking about creating some overview for all those RSOCP images
posted to p.b.i over the years and publishing it on my website. Now of
course I'd like to include a thumbnail of each image in the list. My
question: Am I allowed to do this without asking each artist for
permission? I could of course ask everyone, but as many of those posts
are older, I imagine contacting the authors could be troublesome.
Additionally, I'm afraid it would not be worth the hassle.

Full author information and copyright notices would of course be
included in the list, and each thumbnail would only link to the
corresponding article in the news-web-interface. The thumbnails itself
would also be pretty small, if that makes any difference.

As an alternative, I could leave out the thumbnails, and post only the
links, but that somehow destroys the idea of the whole thing.

I'd really like to hear your opinions on this issue...

Greetings,
Florian
--
camera{look_at-y*10location<8,-3,-8>*10}#local a=0;#while(a<999)sphere{
#local _=.01*a-4.99;#local p=a*.01-5;#local c=.01*a-4.995;<sin(p*pi)*5p