POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problems Rendering on Mac OS X : Re: Problems Rendering on Mac OS X Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems Rendering on Mac OS X
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 May 2005 11:37:17
Message: <4299e1ad$1@news.povray.org>
Dave wrote:
>>Are you saving your files as *.pov files?
>
> I don't know what they're getting saved as.  To make a file, I choose "New"
> from the File menu and then "Save" when I'm ready.  There isn't an option
> to choose what kind of file to save it as, that I've found.

The extension is added like in all Mac text editors (well, all good ones
anyway), by the user appending whatever he/she likes.  While it is
inappropriate in a Mac application to insist on a file extension, in the
past this has caused some confusion as Mac users did not append a ".pov"
extension to their files and then had problems exchanging them with users on
other platforms.  That is why there is the option to enforce the
restrictions of only rendering files ending with ".pov" by default.

	Thorsten