POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 7 : Re: Liquid animation 7 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:46:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 7
From: dlm
Date: 23 May 2005 15:21:19
Message: <42922d2f@news.povray.org>
Fidos,
I've been watching this series with interest. Nice work!
At least in the earlier opaque fluid renditions the fluid seems to be more
viscous than 'ordinary' water.
What physical parameters do you model?
Viscosity , density, temperature for liquid and gas phases? Anything else
like surface tension or container surface properties?
What is the dimensional scaling like?
Certainly your latest image has a generally good feel about it.
The drops on the container surface seem to contract away from the rebounding
wave. This seems unrealistic. The falling cube seems to set up a very
symmetrical pattern.
Math economy?
Or perhaps you might introduce a little twist?
Best,
DLM