POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available : Re: POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available Server Time
2 May 2024 21:00:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7 beta 5 available
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 May 2005 13:23:53
Message: <428e1d29$1@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote:
> Something else... I gave AA a try on the chess2 render and it slowed by over
> 5 times and message window shows AA being used instead of ignored due to
> focal blur being used.

That is correct, the limitation that focal blur and AA cannot be combined
has been removed from POV-Ray 3.7 :-)

Naturally, with both enabled rendering gets reaaaaaaaaly slow.  But quality
of focal blur images should be better in general now.  If you don#t want the
slowdown, just disable AA and everything should basically work like in 3.6 .

	Thorsten