POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem scattering media (beta4) and error in the documentation : Re: Problem scattering media (beta4) and error in the documentation Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:51:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem scattering media (beta4) and error in the documentation
From: Chris Cason
Date: 13 May 2005 05:19:24
Message: <4284711c@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   However, regardless of that, the documentation should be updated
> to reflect that the default value of intervals is 1 (not 10) and
> the default values for samples are 10,10 (or whatever they are exactly).

According to the 3.6 code, the defaults are as follows:

  Intervals:     10
  Min_Samples:    1
  Max_Samples:    1
  Confidence:     0.9
  Ratio:          0.9
  Variance:       1/128
  Method:         1
  AA_Threshold:   0.1
  AA_Level:       3

We use these same values in 3.7, so unless the values are being changed
somewhere else in the code, this isn't the issue.

I do agree however that the docs need to be corrected, the defaults for AA
level and method are both incorrectly listed.

-- Chris