POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new free HDRI : Re: new free HDRI Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new free HDRI
From: Chris Cason
Date: 12 May 2005 20:27:51
Message: <4283f487$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> The question is: Does the OpenEXR source compile *and work* as-is on those
> platforms, or does "has been ported" simply mean "someone, somewhere,
> knows what must be changed to make it work on platform X"?

I just installed KDE 3.4 on FreeBSD 5.4 and FreeBSD automatically installed
OpenEXR along with it (it is used by KDE, though I don't think it is a
requirement). From what I can tell it's also commonly used on Linux systems
with KDE installed (though I could be wrong on that). Either way its unix
support seems quite stable.

You may like to know that we have already interally discussed adding OpenEXR
and radiance RGBE support to POV 3.7 as experimental features. I can't say
when or even if it will happen, but we are at least considering it.

-- Chris