POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gl2pov (and vice-versa) : Re: gl2pov (and vice-versa) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gl2pov (and vice-versa)
From: scott
Date: 12 May 2005 11:55:01
Message: <42837c55@news.povray.org>
>   My first work (an image) will be an implementation of a
> povray/opengl render display.  I don't know yet how I will make it
> look like, but I will make a small program that will render a scene
> in OpenGL and will show the FPS (or maybe the average millisecond
> render time) and at the same time will load a pre-rendered POV-Ray
> image of the same scene with info of its rendering time.  Thus giving
> the two images in one with all relevant information.  In this way, I
> may not be able to make the sphere over a checkered plane, but I may
> try something exotic!

I don't quite understand what you are saying.  Are you:

a) Going to make a real-time animation in openGL with a POV rendered image
as a background or for other textures.

or

b) Going to attempt to make an identical-looking image in OpenGL and POV,
and show them both at the same time? (maybe in split screen)

FYI I posted a comparison of a reflective sphere over checkered plane in
both POV and OpenGL a while back (it might have been in the off-topic group
though, can't remember).  Let me know if you are interested, because I also
am working on DirectX at the same time as POV.