POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mipmapping : Re: mipmapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mipmapping
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 May 2005 15:10:53
Message: <428258bd@news.povray.org>
> What is the other antialising method? If you could post some
> settings i can play with it would be great.

Both settings can be set via the commandline. If you're using POV-Ray for
Windows, there's a small box on the top where you can enter options. To
switch antialiasing on, add "+AM1" or "+AM2" (without the quotation marks)
into the box. That'll select antialiasing method 1 or 2 (2 is the adaptive
one). +A0.3 will set that the next samples are shot when the current ones
differ in color by that amount (I think the difference from black to white
is 3, 1 for each channel of rgb). You can lose lower values (+A0.01) for
more detailed settings, but it will only shoot up till the maximum amount of
samples you set, which are set with +R2. The value after R refers to the
level of sampling, not the actual amount of samples. On antialiasing method
1, +R2 sets 4 samples, whereas method 2 has 25. On level 5, method 1 has 25
samples, method 2 has 1089.

You might want to read section 3.1.2.8.4 of the docs (or just search for
"antialias") for more detailed information.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"