POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.7.beta.3 available (fix) : Re: POV-Ray 3.7.beta.3 available (fix) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7.beta.3 available (fix)
From: Chris Cason
Date: 5 May 2005 17:32:22
Message: <427a90e6$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Would this imply that it may then become possible to use a more simple
> front end or even create one as a module that could one Windows be an
> ActiveX control or a Python app on Linux, etc? In other words, strip off
> the existing front end and make one that can be tied into another
> application, as long as appropriate information is provided to state that
> the backend is in fact POVRay when its first loaded? I mean the plugin
> system that is available and programs like Moray use is nice, but I felt
> it always did leave a bit to be desired in some cases.

Well, it's always been *possible* to do this, assuming one was willing to
modify the source :). However, if you mean, "will it be easier to do this",
the answer is that if we decide to make this interface available it would
indeed be easier.

however at this point I can't comment further on our plans along these lines.

-- Chris