POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UV mapping? : Re: UV mapping? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:07:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV mapping?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 4 May 2005 22:09:50
Message: <4279806e$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, I reinstall Uvmapper and tested what I said and it doesn't hold
up. :( If, after creating the UV's and importing back into Wings, you
divide the model and use the mirror then refreeze and export, the uv's
are only preserved for half the model.  The mirror freeze does not
reflect the uv's.  Soooo yes, you have to be pretty careful about when
you do the freeze and create the uv's.  Best to do it just before
smoothing I guess.

I was wrong about "weld" too.:(  I think I was describing "stitch"