POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Performance wrt number of threads : Re: Performance wrt number of threads Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Performance wrt number of threads
From: Slime
Date: 4 May 2005 21:14:04
Message: <4279735c$1@news.povray.org>
> I do this, however it's only in response to the backend acknowledgement of
> the stop request. If I disabled it before then, and the backend didn't
stop
> (this can happen), you wouldn't be able to try again.

Oh. Generally this has only happened to me when a scene takes up a ton of
memory, and things are starting to thrash. This is when I start to click
Stop like crazy, until I eventually ctrl+alt+del the whole thing out of
frustration. =) (Not that that really speeds anything up.)

I like Warp's suggestion; maybe something in the status bar would be nice.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]