POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UV mapping? : Re: UV mapping? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:08:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV mapping?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 May 2005 15:46:56
Message: <427926b0$1@news.povray.org>
> But as far as the program goes, it's in pretty rough shape.  It's only
been
> tested with one file and has no support for uv yet.  Also, it's just a
> command-line program, so it looks like you'd still have to install C++
> unless you have a mac.  It has potential to be pretty flexible since it
> reads the file once to see what the mesh looks like (number of normals,
> vertices, faces [uv-vectors soon]), then reads it again and stores it into
> arrays.  Then it writes it to a mesh2 file.  This means it would be pretty
> easy to do anything along the way like a custom uv-mapping scheme.  That's
> the plan right now (well for Friday - after finals - anyway).

Ah, so you're on a Mac. Well, then I'll have to get C++ et al installed and
maybe do a hands on approach myself (I'm the kind of guy that neary *always*
tries to do things himself :-). For a current course I should be thinking
about getting Visual Studio and get C++, OpenGL, OpenInventor and QT
installed and running... Sigh.

Thanks for the response though. Reading the file once and then doing a
second pass while writing/storing the data would have been exactly what I'd
have done, if I'd programmed it. :-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>