POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wondering about collaboration : Re: Wondering about collaboration Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wondering about collaboration
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 3 May 2005 18:32:18
Message: <4277fbf2@news.povray.org>
"Loki" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.42773091aedf11f0fd90fb9e0@news.povray.org...
> Hi everyone.  Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for a POV project
> to collaborate on?  I've been using POV for a long time, but I never seem
> to get to finish major pics - they always get daunting and I get
> sidetracked by doodles.  So I'm interested in finding anyone to work with
> on a more ambitious project.  I think I'm best at texturing/lighting
> composition stuff, but not too bad at poly modelling to .obj format too.
> Anyone fancy working together on something interesting?

There's something I've been thinking about for some weeks now, which some might
like: an "I can do better"-competition.

Someone makes a simple image, doesn't matter what topic or style.  Then someone
else tries to copy the image, but also make it better.  Then again someone else
tries to imitate and improve the image.  The first one also tries to make his
version even better than all previous versions, and so on.
Of course, after a few iterations it becomes difficult to enter the competition.

The rules: no sharing of source, it has to be self-made stuff.

It's not really a collaboration project, but it might stimulate you (and
probably a lot of other people) to do finished major pics.

cu!
--
camera{location-z*3}#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*(C/50)#end#macro L(b,e,k,l)#local C=0
;#while(C<50)sphere{G(b,e),.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1