POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Textures and mesh2 objects : Re: Textures and mesh2 objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textures and mesh2 objects
From: Alain
Date: 30 Apr 2005 13:32:33
Message: <4273c131$1@news.povray.org>
povray nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-04-30 10:56:
> Is there an easy way to texture a large (4 million+ triangle) mesh2 object
> from an image file?  I'm trying to do some hi-res mars renders from
> elevation data.  I can build the model, but I haven't thought of an easy to
> to get the right colors onto it.  I have a .png mars texture, but it
> doesn't want to play nice with the mesh2.  If someone could point me to an
> example it would be much apreciated.

As your mesh2 is realy only a hight field, and your image probably a top-down view of
the same area.
Can you simply the image_map as on a plane? Rotate your mesh to match the plane of the
image_map,
translate the image so that both origins match.

Alain