POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : autobahn [107K] : Re: autobahn [107K] Server Time
18 May 2024 10:34:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: autobahn [107K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Apr 2005 05:11:46
Message: <42734bd2$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> So it is supposed to be a German 'Autobahn'

   Not really, but many of the reference pics I found on the net were
from the German autobahn, and being an old Kraftwerk fan, the title for
the scene was clear.

> - a few notes on realism there:
>
> - the white strip at the outer (right) side of the road seperating it
>  from the 'Standstreifen' usually is much broader than the other
> interrupted strips.

   Yes, and not only in Germany. I'm still using the first material_map I
painted to test the technique. I'm planing to create a better version
with another POV scene instead painting it: I'm really bad hand painting
the little details...

> - those white (plastic) posts on the side of the road have the black
>  strip at the top going upward from inner to outer side.

   That object was also a quick placeholder... but thanks for pointing
that it looks too fake.

> - the trees are quite large and no german road authority would allow
>  such large and old trees to grow that near to a highway. ;-)

   Yes, I think I exaggerated the size perhaps a bit... :)

> Apart from that great image of course.

   Thanks!

--
Jaime