POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Distorted isosurface : Distorted isosurface Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Distorted isosurface
From: Ryan Twitchell
Date: 30 Apr 2005 01:57:22
Message: <42731e42$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
	The following code creates a spiral that starts out at y = 0 at the
outer radius and gains height (y) as the radius decreases. Can anyone
suggest a way to do this without distorting the cross-section radius of
the spiral in the y direction? I'm also having trouble getting it into
an upside-down funnel shape that falls off the way I want it to (raising
it more just in the center).

isosurface {
  #declare F = function { f_spiral(x, y, z, 0.5, 0.05, 3, -0, -0, 1) }
  function { F(x, y-1/f_r(x, y/8, z), z) }
  contained_by { box { -4, 4 } }
  max_gradient 10
  pigment { rgb<1, 0, 0> }
}