POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pvengine.exe has generated errors -- Cannot start POV Ray under Windows : Re: pvengine.exe has generated errors -- Cannot start POV Ray under Window= Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:44:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pvengine.exe has generated errors -- Cannot start POV Ray under Window=
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 29 Apr 2005 08:03:28
Message: <42722290$1@news.povray.org>

> Thanks for your advice.
> Yes I have done all that.
> After further investigation seems to come from my moving the .pov files that
> were open last time I used POV-Ray.
> The problem disappeared after I removed the related entries in the Windows
> registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/POV-Ray/v3.6/POV-Edit/Open).

Thanks a lot, I've just been annoyed by the very same problem today,
and I was unable to figure what was happening.

The strange thing is that I've moved POV-Ray source files a thousand
times before, without causing such hassle.  The computer I'm using
(at work) is running Windows XP SP2, and I'm wondering if some
recent automatic update/patch isn't turning a minor problem
into a critical one...

> Guess this can be qualified as a POV-Ray bug?

It's Windows itself that closes POV-Ray by authority, and it says
that it happens in module cmedit.dll, so it's rather a problem
with CodeMax (and Windows, as I stated just before).

However, I think it should be fixed (if possible) on POV-Ray's side, or
it might become a support pain...

Fabien.