POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why can I see my transparent cone? : Re: Why can I see my transparent cone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why can I see my transparent cone?
From: Slime
Date: 24 Apr 2005 16:08:26
Message: <426bfcba$1@news.povray.org>
> Arg... add a light source to the scene and the cones jump out again.

Probably because your pigment is rgbt <1,1,1,something>, so when a light
source is added the cone is no longer black. Try <0,0,0, something>.
However, I'm suspicious if it will still work when you add media, since the
transparency value of 2.5 may have unexpected side effects.

> The
> other idea I'm thinking about is using a finite media instead of the
> infinate fog however I'm sure that will slow things down.

Don't knock it 'till you try it. It will probably solve your solution nicely
and if it's a constant media without a density, you might find that it
renders very fast. Also, if you're going to have transparent objects in the
arena, you might just find yourself dealing with the same problem again
anyway.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]