POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available : Re: POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:48:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 23 Apr 2005 03:01:25
Message: <4269f2c5@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> As it stands, I would be more interested to get the 'real' gcc generate

> AIX for PowerPC code as that uses the sane and properly designed PEF/CF
> execuatable format* rather than the flawed Mach-O format (see for
> example the summary on <http://www.unsanity.org/archives/000044.php> to

> learn why Mach-O applications are so slow)...
>
> * IBM developed it along with the first Power processor, the superset o
> the instruction set and processor architecture PowerPC processors are
> based on. When Apple moved to PowerPC, the first Mac OS was developed
> using IBM compilers running on Power-based AIX workstations.

Well, as you are speaking about IBM, it seems that XLC (the IBM
compiler) can just be put in place of GCC using Xcode and produce
the best code for PPC. I can't find any information about that ...
Can you ?

Best regards,

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org