POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available : Re: POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:39:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 22 Apr 2005 14:48:52
Message: <42694714$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Francois LE COAT wrote:

>>> To be more precise, the current goal is the first half of May.
>>> However, please note that this is just a goal and not a promise yet.
>>
>> Tiger (10.4 OS) will be out, and POV 3.7 will take benefit from it :)
>
> Well, but please don't hold your breath about 64-bit addressing ;-)

The 64-bits addressing is not the main feature of GCC 4.0 that I'm
looking forward ... I was speaking of refined optimizations such
as parallelization and vectorization of the PPC code ... It seems
that GCC 4.0 is a great step in the direction of more efficient
code generation.

Do you know more than I know myself ?

Best regards,

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org