POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Positioning a camera : Re: Positioning a camera Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Positioning a camera
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 19 Apr 2005 11:01:42
Message: <42651d56$1@news.povray.org>
Cesar wrote:
> (andit was expected, using ascii to represent the number
> has nothing to do with precision).

Be carful: The (decimal) ascii representation is not equal to the binary
representation (you can't, for example, represent decimal 0.1 as a
binary floating point number) - see

But still, I did not have any "Camera vectors are not perpendicular"
problems when using double precision to compute them.

> Ah! Is there a similar way to specify object position? without specifying a
> rotation (and using directing vectors instead)?

You can use a transformation matrix directly. If your external
application uses matrices, that would make sense. Check the POV docs for
the "matrix" keyword.