POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Difference in media : Re: Difference in media Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Difference in media
From: Warp
Date: 18 Apr 2005 05:48:51
Message: <42638283@news.povray.org>
It seems that the problem was not with media after all (at least not
in this case), sorry.

  I had used 'clock' in the media definition (so that the media is usable
in an animation). It assumes that 'clock' gets values between 0 and 1
(0 by default, when not rendering an animation). Seemingly in this
beta version 'clock' has something completely different (I can't check
what since #debug doesn't seem to be working).
  When I substitute each instance of 'clock' with '0' it renders ok.

  I didn't notice this behaviour until I started to strip down the
code to its minimum. Sorry if this thing with 'clock' was known. :)

  (By the way, what *is* the default value of 'clock' in this beta
version anyways? And why isn't it 0?)

--
                                                          - Warp