POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Positioning a camera : Re: Positioning a camera Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Positioning a camera
From: Warp
Date: 18 Apr 2005 05:27:11
Message: <42637d6f@news.povray.org>
Cesar <ces### [at] terracombr> wrote:
> I used to set location and look-at, but now I need different movements, so I
> decided to calculate location, direction, up and right. Then I started
> having problems. I allways get the error that says the vectors are not
> perpendicular.

  Let me guess: You are not printing enough decimals.

  By default C and C++ print only a few decimals for floating point numbers
(six, if I remember correctly). This rounds (from POV-Ray's point of view)
the values way too much. You have to print the values more accurately,
with like 15 decimals or so to be sure.
  The way to increase printing accuracy of floating point numbers depends
on whether you are printing using C or C++ streams.

--
                                                          - Warp