POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Difference in media : Re: Difference in media Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Difference in media
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Apr 2005 23:00:27
Message: <426322cb$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Has there been a change on how media is rendered, how it behaves when
> it is scaled or how f_noise3d() works?
>
>   This is a scene rendered with POV-Ray 3.6.1:
>
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/images/MediaFire_pov36.jpg
>
>   The exact same scene rendered with POV-Ray 3.7 beta 1:
>
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/images/MediaFire_pov37.jpg
>
>   (Besides the most obvious difference, the media, notice also how
> the gamma correction is way off.)

Actually it isn't gamma.  there is indeed an odd bug in media that I have
been ttrying to track down but could never find a simple enough test case to
step through the two code versions andd compare.  If you couldd reduce the
scene to a single image filling object that ideally shows the problem on the
upper left corner pixel, it would be very helpful.  BTW, note that this only
happens with some media, not all.

	Thorsten