POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available : Re: POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:40:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Windows version 3.7 beta 1 available
From: Warp
Date: 16 Apr 2005 18:10:41
Message: <42618d61@news.povray.org>
I copied the pvengine.exe file for the 3.7 beta 1 to the bin directory
of my current 3.6.1 installation and started it normally. However, for
some reason it fails to load the editor. It says:

Editor DLL initialisation failed [LoadLibrary failed, code is 0000007e]

  There's no mention of this in the beta page and Gilles has seemingly
run the program without problems, so it's strange.

  I'm running Windows XP (SP2) on a Pentium4 box.

  I then tried rendering a scene by writing in the command-line box:

-i ../scenes/advanced/woodbox.pov

and it rendered it ok. However, I noticed in the end stats that it
seemingly was using 4 threads ("on 4 CPU(S) with 32 CPU-seconds total").

  Does it try to detect the number of CPUs or is 4 some kind of default?

  Well, I then tried writing this:

-i ../scenes/advanced/woodbox.pov /THREADS 2

to see if it worked. Now it's hung. Even if I try to stop it by clicking
on the stop button, it won't. It's not taking any CPU time, ie it's not
doing anything, but it's just not stopping.

  Seemingly I can't specify the number of threads in this way (at least
not with the current beta).

--
                                                          - Warp