POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed kills... : Re: Speed kills... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speed kills...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 Apr 2005 19:39:27
Message: <4255c4af$1@news.povray.org>
Well, for one, I'd just use transparency instead of filtering. Then, have
you switched off shadowing for the smoke?

What I did in my "Highnoon" Short (1st Place last round on IRTC :-) was to
use half-spheres, texture them, put them in a seperate lightgroup, have them
cast no shadows, and face the camera. To get shadows on the objects, I
textured another batch of half-spheres at the same locations, but facing the
main lightsource.

It all depends on what kind of scene you have and the lighting/shadowing, so
maybe using media inside of blobs would be even better than your current
technique...

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>