POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : layered textures and csg : Re: layered textures and csg Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: layered textures and csg
From: Alain
Date: 3 Apr 2005 11:38:53
Message: <42500e0d$1@news.povray.org>
blenderhead nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-04-02 13:17:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I use CSG to build a wall of bricks. It is a union of a box with a mortar
> texture and some stones. Each of these sub-objects has is own texture but
> now I want to have some kind of paiting on it. The following doesn't work:
>
> object {
>  union {
>   box {
>    <wall_left+0.0001, wall_bottom+0.0001, -0.24>
>    <wall_right-0.0001, wall_top-0.0001, 0.24>
>    texture {
>     Mortar_Tex
>    }
>   }
>
>   //stone loop, each stone has is own texture
>  }
>
>  texture {                //stupid texture, I know... 8-/
>   pigment {
>    gradient y
>    color_map {
>     [0.0 color White filter 1]
>     [1.0 color Blue]
>    }
>    scale 5
>   }
>  }
> }
>
> So why doesn't it work? Is there a simple way to do that?

In an union, when you define a texture for any element, that texture have priority and
override any
texture applied to the whole union. The general texture will apply to any element that
DON'T have a
specific texture.
The solution: remove the individual textures.

Alain