POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New Website Online : Re: New Website Online Server Time
19 May 2024 06:02:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Website Online
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 2 Apr 2005 19:24:44
Message: <424f37cc@news.povray.org>
"Model Citizen" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.424f2a03334815d5e89005b0@news.povray.org...
> Steve,
>
> Very nice face/head model.  Did you build it from scratch?  What shape did
> you start with, and what basic steps did you take?
>
> Model Citizen

Thank you. I did make it from scratch. I started with a sphere. I really
can't give you any step-by-step descriptions of how I made it, since it took
probably thousands of individual steps. A lot of moving faces out or in,
moving points, splitting faces, merging faces, etc. The ear I modeled away
from the head, so I could see what I was doing. The whole thing took me
several weeks, working an hour or two every day. It was definitely not an
easy task. One good thing about it is that with that basic head already
made, I can take it, and in a comparably short time, make a different
looking face, by changing the shape of the nose, the general width of the
head, size of the eyes, etc. I posted the mdl file in moray.binaries. You
could probably learn a lot by studying the mesh in the mesh edit views.
Steve Shelby