POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Outputting raw pixel data? : Outputting raw pixel data? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Outputting raw pixel data?
From: scott
Date: 31 Mar 2005 07:46:29
Message: <424bf125$1@news.povray.org>
I understand that POV uses double precision floating point numbers
internally, it then clips them to 0..1 and scales appropiately to save to a
24-bit bitmap.  If this is correct, is there any way to output the raw
double float values for each rendered pixel to a file?  Has anyone written a
patch to do this? It doesn't seem like it will be that hard.

I would like to use the raw full-precision values in a program I am writing,
so the format doesn't matter really.