POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : to clip or not to clip... : to clip or not to clip... Server Time
28 May 2024 21:00:43 EDT (-0400)
  to clip or not to clip...
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Mar 2005 15:48:35
Message: <424b10a3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all:

     Being a bit upset with the ultrabright artifacts produced by focal
blur while doing some HDRI tests, and after failing to alleviate them
with insane amounts of blur_samples, confidence and variance, I decided
to take my first look ever to the source code....

     I was sure to be wasting my time looking at something I will not
understand, but surprisingly, I found really quickly a call to
Clip_Colour() commented out on render.cpp, inside the focal_blur()
function. I restored that line back and just compiled again... you have
the results posted on p.b.i: both images where rendered using 35 blur
samples.

     I think I will be using this for scenes with extreme artifacts,
while waiting for MegaPOV 1.2... ;) (I still prefer the unclipped
version when there are not many artifacts visible, of course).

--
Jaime