POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Outputting raw pixel data? : Re: Outputting raw pixel data? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outputting raw pixel data?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Apr 2005 05:06:51
Message: <424D1E03.59B6B9BB@gmx.de>
scott schrieb:

> >   And by the way, color values are calculated using single precision
> > floating points in povray.
>
> I would probably just write the binary to a file, rather than use printf.
>
> So in theory I can patch the source code to output these 32-bit floats for
> each colour for each pixel rendered?

Note such a patch will never make it into official POV or MegaPOV (the
reason has been explained multiple times in the past so i won't do it
again).  This does not mean there will not be any floating point format
output but certainly not in the way you describe it (which will not even
be portable between PC and Mac).

Also note in MegaPOV you can write those raw color values to a text file
using the camera_view pigment in a pigment function and evaluating it in
a loop.  Not exactly highly efficient but usable.

-- Christoph